Text    Map    Google Map

    The village Dúbrava is situated in the west from the city of Liptovský Mikuláš, in the upper part of the creek Dúbravka at the altitude 636 m. Its area is located below the peak Chabenec on the northern slopes of the Low Tatras mountains.
    The village was founded in the 13. century without a reference to any name. In 1372 it is mentioned as Dúbrava. It belonged to property owners from the village Ráztoky and since the middle of the 18. century until the year 1908 there were mines on iron ore and antimony.
    Early-gothic church from the end of the 13. century was reinforced in the 17. century and repaired in the years 1751 - 1752. In its interior, there are gothic ribs and late-gothic portal. Its furniture was made in baroque style with the remains of gothic paintings.
    The village is a suitable starting point for short walks to Dúbravská Valley (Dúbravská dolina) which is rich on wild fruits or to neighboring village Svätý Kríž and visit a wooden Evangelic church, which is one of the biggest wooden buildings in the central Europe. It is also not far by bike or by car to the water reservoir Liptovská Mara, where you can enjoy water sports.



Spiš | Gemer | Liptov | Horehronie | Slovak Paradise | High Tatras | Low Tatras | Belianske Tatras
Pieniny | Spiš Castle | St. James’s Church | castle of Stará Ľubovňa | Krásna Hôrka | AquaCity | Bešeňová | Tatralandia | Vrbov | Vyšné Ružbachy