Liptovská Ondrašová
   Text    Map    Google Map

    In past Liptovská Ondrašová was considered an independent village, which became a part of the city Liptovský Mikuláš in 1960.
    It is situated at the mouth of the Jalovecký Creek (Jalovecký potok) in the water reservoir Liptovská Mara. The first written reference about the village is from the year 1286. It was founded by Hanko Pongrác and named by Ondrej Pongrác, who together with his brother Ján paid for building of a local church in 1419. Originally, it was a settlement of yeomen, in the 16. century there were 7 yeoman families and 20 houses. The local population worked as servants, ploughboys and since the end of the 19. century also railwaymen and workers.
    In the village there are also 3 curies built in the Renaissance style, rebuilt in the 19. and 20. century, 1 curie in the Classical style from the beginning of the 19. century, a neo-gothic church from the year 1911 and a classical chapel from the middle of the 19. century with a statue of Jesus Christ.
    Close to the village there is a thermal swimming pool Aquapark Tatralandia.

NOTE: Administrative part of the town Liptovský Mikuláš.



Spiš | Gemer | Liptov | Horehronie | Slovak Paradise | High Tatras | Low Tatras | Belianske Tatras
Pieniny | Spiš Castle | St. James’s Church | castle of Stará Ľubovňa | Krásna Hôrka | AquaCity | Bešeňová | Tatralandia | Vrbov | Vyšné Ružbachy