Liptovská Teplá
   Text    Map    Google Map

    The first evidence about the existence of the village is from the year 1264. It is one of the oldest villages in the Liptov region. It was inhabited already in the Younger Bronze Age and Younger Roman Age. In the 9-th century there was a Slovak settlement, later, in 1600 a manor-house, a mill, a church, vicarage and a school were built.
    In the village there is an originally gothic church from the late 13-th century. Side chapels, towers, and in the 19-th century gothic fresco and wall paintings of J. Hanula were added by the end of the 16-th century. You can find here a baroque manor-house from the 19-th century and other cultural relics.
    The settlement Madočany with the manor-house (1830) is also a part of the village.



Spiš | Gemer | Liptov | Horehronie | Slovak Paradise | High Tatras | Low Tatras | Belianske Tatras
Pieniny | Spiš Castle | St. James’s Church | castle of Stará Ľubovňa | Krásna Hôrka | AquaCity | Bešeňová | Tatralandia | Vrbov | Vyšné Ružbachy