Svätý Kríž (Saint Cross)
The village saint Cross is situated close to the water-dam Liptovská Mara and the city Liptovský Mikuláš. Behind the village there is a wooden church, which is probably one of the biggest wooden churches in Europe. It was moved from the currently flooded village Paludza between 1974 and 1982.
The first wooden Evangelic church in Paludza was built in the year 1693 after a municipal council meeting in Šopron, which approved 82 articles - following the decision of the emperor Leopold, who allowed to build wooden protestant churches. Churches could stand only outside of a village and be built only from wood. The church was rebuilt in 1774 in 8 months by the master Jozef Lang, who could neither read nor write. The church tower was built in 1781 and in 1921-1922 the old bells were replaced by the new ones.
Inside you can find a baroque altar, a preacher place, stone baptistery, paintings with bible motives, a lustre from venetian glass and an organ. The church has a capacity of 6000 people.